- Establishing and maintaining required banking accounts.
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports.
- Issuing contribution notices.
- Payment to creditors.
- Payment of disbursements and expenses.
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Coordinating the auditing of accounts.
- Preparation and presentation of the budget.
- Recording monies received.
- Monitoring and coordinating for recovery of contribution arrears.
- Preparation and distribution of notices for Annual General Meetings (AGM) and Council of Owner (COO) Meetings.
- Attendance of AGM and COO Meetings.
- Preparation and distribution of the minutes from AGM and COO Meetings.
- Meetings administration.
- Maintaining the Strata Roll and Minute Book.
- Maintaining and recording correspondence and notices required under the Act.
- Maintaining custody of common seal.
- Attending to routine communication.
- Information provision to councillors, priorities, tenants and letting agents.
- Responding to and refering Strata queries.
- Arranging for competitive quotes for routine and preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of common property.
- Issuing work orders.
- Contactor management.
- Ensuring work is completed satisfactorily.
- Processing paperwork and the payments.
- Attend ing site, reviewing and inspecting the property.
- Responding to queries from the COO regarding By-laws.
- Arranging the drafting of By-laws, amendmenting By-laws and By-law reviews.
- Serving notices to comply with By-laws.
- Attending the scheme for By-law enforcement.
- Preparing and issuing notices for breaches of By-laws.
- Assisting the Strata Company in tribunal or court proceedings.
- Engaging an Insurance Broker / Insurance Underwriter to obtain quotes for insurance renewals.
- Presenting quotes from Insurance Brokers and Underwriters to Council.
- Placing and renewing insurances through the Insurance Broker as required.
- Arranging for insurance valuations as required.
- Preparing and lodging routine insurance claims.
- Arranging, instructing, and coordinating contractors for claim repairs.
- Provision of an after hours emergency telephone service.
- The Smithwick service fee is an all up Management Fee.
- There are no hidden costs.
- Allows Strata Companies to accurately budget for a 12 month period without owners paying unnecessary extras.
- It ensures Smithwick manages the property effectively to keep costs down.
- There are no extra fees for attending site, communications, or consumables.
- Smithwick no longer accepts commission from any insurers, however, Smithwick do charge a flat administration fee equivalent of 15% of the renewal of the cost of the insurance as at renewal.
- This fee is then only subject to change in line with our normal management fees and not subject to the increases in insurance costs.
- Competitive tenders are then sought for the insurance through an Authorised Representative from various underwriters and for Brokers.
- Smithwick have proven that this has saved clients thousands of dollars at the time of renewal.
- Fees are structured by an annual cost per unit / lot.
- Fees are calculated in consultation of the Council of Owners to determine:
- what deliverables they wish to achieve;
- what their expectations are on roles and responsibilities; and
- the extent of work required.
- A review of the current and past budgets and expenditure is also performed when putting together a fee structure.
- There is no fee for the development of a service and costing proposal.
Senior Smithwick personnel have achieved and maintain through ongoing certification and CPD points the following accreditations:
Level 2 Certified Strata Community Manager.
CPP40611 Certificate IV in Property Services (Operations).
Smithwick are proud active members, and supporters of the Strata Community of Australia – Western Australian Division.
Smithwick work to develop and maintain quality management systems and standard operating procedures which ensure exceptional service standards are maintained and improved to deliver best practice strata management.
Smithwick utilise and integrate innovative software solutions such as Property IQ, Strata M8 and Invoice Express (all specialty computing package designed specifically for strata management), to ensure accurate financial reporting and budget management in addition to document control and records management. Not only does these systems facilitate our ‘hands on’ approach, but also allows us to provide you with monthly Owners Statements which detail every transaction made by the Strata Company.
Smithwick are conversant with the Strata Titles Act 1985 and General Regulations 1996 and all supporting codes and guidance material.
Above all, Smithwick is committed to maintaining the privacy of its owners. Unless we have authorisation in writing from the owner, no personal or financial information will be released to a third party.
Most of all, Smithwick credit the experienced, specialised, and professional employees who go above and beyond to ensure the combination of all Smithwick Service Standards are maintained.
- We only take new business on by referral and review.
- We maintain a diversified portfolio of residential, commercial, retail, mixed use and survey strata developments with no preference to one over the other.
- We are aligned to our preferred developers of strata developments.
- We believe in maintaining the building properly and communicating to residents and owners effectively to keep costs down.
- We believe in a full service approach.
- We offer a personal service with direct lines of communication and around the clock service.